Symbol books are evocative and illuminating treasure-houses of images and their meanings, an essential component of my working library. Whether you find them in your dreams, works of art you enjoy, or your own creative output, they are guides to the world of archetype and image. I find that it helps to look up and read about a symbol from a poem or a dream in all of my symbol books. I pulled some books from the shelf to show you the best ones. One of my favorites begins with this quotation from the mystic Meister Eckhart: “When the soul wants to experience something she throws out an image in front of her and then steps into it.” ...
Is it time for breakthoughs in your ability to learn? Read this new article with Vastu tips for learning, “Enhance Learning and Focus with Vastu, the Yoga of Design.” This article was written by request for the popular website for learning, howtolearn.com by one of the world’s leading Vastu experts, Sherri Silverman, Ph.D. : http://www.howtolearn.com/2015/04/enhance-learning-and-focus-with-vastu-the-yoga-of-design/ Learn some of the practical Vastu secrets that will enhance the natural ability of all students to learn, focus attention, get tired less quickly while reading or studying, and keep your mind clear. Regardless of your age, anyone can do this by simply applying a few Vastu guidelines to your home and study area at home, work, or school. It’s always worth improving your life, so...
April 21, 2015 So many of the impediments in our lives are self-created. Vastu can help you get out of your own way. I’ve noticed this so many times when working with clients and visiting friends. Utilizing Vastu can also help open you up to the wealth you already have. Once your home or business are arranged in alignment with the laws of nature, everything goes more easily. Clients have “found” art supplies, money, household items, etc., when we organize and declutter their homes and work spaces. A basic tenet of Vastu is to keep your home and workspaces clean and orderly. Doing so allows you to easily find items you need in your life that are present but obscured....
how to improve air quality and happiness with nature Adding elements of nature to your home and business space improves the air quality and the feeling level. Have you noticed what a huge boost it is to beauty and your feeling of well-being when you add a blooming orchid plant or flowers in vases? “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the mind.” Luther Burbank Improving air quality is a modern world problem that can be improved with tips from Vastu. These suggestions work for Feng Shui also. Vastu recommends the use of natural materials and creating harmony with nature. I’ve written about the value of bringing live plants and cut flowers into the...
October 26, 2014 photo: Erika Blumenfeld What correlation is there, if any, between famed modern architect Le Corbusier and Vastu, the system of design and architecture from ancient India’s Vedic tradition? In my 2007 book Vastu: Transcendental Home Design in Harmony with Nature, I wrote: “Vastu views a building as a living entity that protects and nourishes our lives rather than merely a ‘machine for living,’ as twentieth-century architect Le Corbusier once characterized the house. ” (p.18) Vastu takes a house’s functionality into consideration but also factors of comfort, aesthetics, and alignment with nature, making it truly a home. Authentic Vastu guidelines can always be utilized in the design of homes and other buildings to make them structures that are beyond simply liveable....
Scroll down & see 30+ posts:
- How to Experience Joy and Ecstasy
- Tips for Conscious Living: Soul Nourishment from My Instagram Account
- Vastu & Decluttering: Yoga Journal Vastu Consultation Article
- Ayurveda Recommendations for a More Blissful, Healthy Life
- How to Let Go of a Home When It's Time to Move On
- Obstacles and Delay in Marriage: Remedies
- Sankalpa & Joy: Manifest & Magnetize
- Dharma, Living as Your True Self on Your True Path
- The Value of Being Yourself
- Create Beauty Around You: Design, Vastu, Art, & Sacred Space Services
- Longevity and Happiness from Plants and Vastu
- A New Year Begins! Take Action That Makes You Happy and Centered
- Protect & Harmonize: Vastu Tips. Conscious Activism.
- A Little Healing Treat and Nature Immersion
- New Website, New Blog
- Misconceptions about Vastu
- Padmini Vidya Courses
- Altars, Shrines, Sacred Spaces
- NYC Vastu Consultations
- Vastu Courses: Study the Yoga of Design
- Fabulous Symbol Book Recommendations
- Vastu Tips for Learning and Focus
- Get Out of Your Own Way with Vastu
- Improving Air Quality and Happiness with Nature
- Le Corbusier and Vastu
- The Real Feng Shui
- Maha Purusha Yantra: Creating a Spiritual Center
- Sacred Sanskrit Healing Sound Recommendations
- Beauty and Natural Materials: Vastu Design
- Vastu, the Yoga of Design
- Financial Prosperity Tips from Vastu Expert Sherri Silverman
- Vedic Sacred Geometry: Recommendations to Learn about Yantras