August 21, 2014 There are many ways to create a spiritual center in your home. Vastu recommends placing your meditation room, altar, puja table, yoga studio, or prayer room in the sacred northeast zone or in the center Brahamasthan of your space. In addition, you can use the Maha Purusha Yantra, shown below. Yantras are Vedic sacred geometry. They are holograms that set up an auspicious energy field; thus they are tools to rev up the energy of your space. Previously, this yantra was only available as a component of of the gold Vastu Vedic Pyramid, a potent energy rectification tool that is recommended for all spaces not built according to precise Vastu guidelines. The MahaPurusha Yantra is in the very center of...
Sound has a profound effect on our consciousness. Sanskrit, the language of the Vedas and bhajans-kirtan-chanting, is so potent in its vibratorary effect that it is considered by many to be “the blueprint of creation.” Our souls are ancient, and hearing or chanting Sanskrit enlivens harmony in our nervous systems by activating ancient DNA that expands consciousness. And we we sing or chant as a group, there is brainwave coherence in the group that creates an experience of unity. Bringing healing sound into our lives enhances well-being and restores balance. I used to sell a bunch of CDs on this website but now want to refer you to them elsewhere, except for my special offering of the Vastu-Purusha, Harmony of Space Vastu CD, It contains...
July 4, 2014 Beauty and natural materials are required components of Vastu design. It only makes sense that a body of knowledge that has the laws of nature for its guidelines would include both of these criteria. I styled this tabletop for a client’s Santa Fe house with Vastu principles in mind. The aesthetics of this arrangement of a silver bowl, woven reed basket, and book on a wood table is pleasing and uses this client’s existing home accessories. I rarely use dried plant materials in home decor, since they get dusty and crumble so easily, creating what can easily become stagnation energy. But here it worked, since the client enjoys using dried plants in her home and always keeps...
Vastu is our planet’s most ancient system of design and architecture from India’s Vedic tradition. Its guidelines are the laws of nature, and it honors the environment. It requires natural materials and beauty. I’ve been doing Vastu consultations for homes, businesses, and gardens in the US and internationally since 1999. For my first Vastu blog post, I thought a quick introduction to this sacred space design knowledge was the right way to start. My Vastu book Vastu: Transcendental Home Design in Harmony with Nature was published in 2007; it’s currently out of print while I choose a new publisher to keep this world wisdom tradition’s knowledge available. I include a PDF file of the full book with all its color illustrations and...
FINANCIAL PROSPERITY & CONSCIOUS LIFESTYLE TIPS: Vastu is a design system that offers practical tools for life. Here are some prosperity Vastu suggestions that will improve your situation, regardless of how good or bad it currently is: —One of the best things you can do to increase financial flow is to add water features in the northeast or north of your home, business, and garden. Pools, fountains, waterfalls, bird baths, even a bowl of fresh water with flowers floating in it makes things flow more smoothly. To avoid negative vibrational influence, don’t place water anywhere other than northeast or north. Water and tall trees should not be directly in front of (blocking) your main entrance. Keep the water clean, clear,...
Scroll down & see 30+ posts:
- Vastu Interview for LaGrace Center: April 11, 2021
- Home Offices During COVID & After: Feng Shui & Vastu
- Happiness Is the Key to Life
- Making Your Own Environment: Conscious Home Design
- How to Experience Joy and Ecstasy
- Tips for Conscious Living: Soul Nourishment from My Instagram Account
- Vastu & Decluttering: Yoga Journal Vastu Consultation Article
- Ayurveda Recommendations for a More Blissful, Healthy Life
- How to Let Go of a Home When It's Time to Move On
- Obstacles and Delay in Marriage: Remedies
- Sankalpa & Joy: Manifest & Magnetize
- Dharma, Living as Your True Self on Your True Path
- The Value of Being Yourself
- Create Beauty Around You: Design, Vastu, Art, & Sacred Space Services
- Longevity and Happiness from Plants and Vastu
- A New Year Begins! Take Action That Makes You Happy and Centered
- Protect & Harmonize: Vastu Tips. Conscious Activism.
- A Little Healing Treat and Nature Immersion
- New Website, New Blog
- Misconceptions about Vastu
- Padmini Vidya Courses
- Altars, Shrines, Sacred Spaces
- NYC Vastu Consultations
- Vastu Courses: Study the Yoga of Design
- Fabulous Symbol Book Recommendations
- Vastu Tips for Learning and Focus
- Get Out of Your Own Way with Vastu
- Improving Air Quality and Happiness with Nature
- Le Corbusier and Vastu
- The Real Feng Shui
- Maha Purusha Yantra: Creating a Spiritual Center
- Sacred Sanskrit Healing Sound Recommendations
- Beauty and Natural Materials: Vastu Design
- Vastu, the Yoga of Design
- Financial Prosperity Tips from Vastu Expert Sherri Silverman
- Vedic Sacred Geometry: Recommendations to Learn about Yantras