Create beauty around you! Beauty is a requirement in Vastu, a requirement for which I am grateful, since I'm an artist and very inspired and nourished by beauty. Creating beauty around you should be legally required, since it has such a positive impact on the world! I write about beauty quite a bit in my book Vastu: Transcendental Home Design in Harmony with Nature. This is a personal Shiva altar in my home. It's a little corner of a bookcase on which I've installed a small Miriam Kasin watercolor painting from 1974 when I was on Vedic Studies Program in Europe with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. I added an empty organic perfume bottle with a sprig of dried hydrangea in an...
Years ago when I moved into a Cambridge apartment with my now-friend of over forty years, we consolidated our houseplant collections. Today when we get together in the San Francisco Bay Area, we both take photos of amazing flowers we find in nature. We harvest Meyer lemons, oranges, and nasturtium blossoms in her backyard and oregano and other herbs from my porch garden. Lately I've read a number of articles that propound the virtues of having houseplants and gardens to live longer and happier. We knew this already, but it's nice to see it verified. An article on simplemost.com gives these findings from Harvard: "Women who lived in the greenest surroundings were found to have mortality rates a whopping 12 percent lower...
March 28 is the beginning of the new year this time in the Vedic calendar. Recommit to what you wish to manifest. I'll be meditating, spending more time making art, immersing myself in nature. More love. More consciousness. More prosperity. And helping lots of people transform their lives with my Vastu sacred space design consultations. After the challenges of the first few months of the year, it's time to get back to your Self. Everything will be fine. I know you've done this before, but set your intentions, your sacred sankalpa. Allow yourself to do the things you most want to do. When you're happy, everything flows to you. When you're centered, everything comes to you. Meditate. Create. Let the...
Disturbed by what's happening in the USA and world? This is a great time to protect and harmonize your home and business spaces--- and to find meaningful ways to make a difference for the planet. Here's some conscious activism inspiration and some Vastu tips. INSPIRATION: “Joy doesn’t betray but sustains activism.And when you face a politics that aspires tomake you fearful, alienated and isolated,joy is a fine act of insurrection.” Rebecca Solnit Joy is healing. Be informed and take conscious action, but also do things that bring you joy, that make you feel like yourself, that bring you back to center. Radiate positive, life-supporting energy in the environment in order to truly make a difference and to inspire others. And it's hard to...
Hi from Sherri Silverman and Transcendence Design! I know many of us are troubled by political events these days. It's challenging to keep informed, take action to make a difference, and stay happy and centered at times like these. I thought I would offer you all a little beauty and magic from Mother Nature to bring greater peace and joy into your life. Watch this wonder - filled film! I was enchanted and felt better from watching this delightful little nature immersion and think you will also. May you find more ways to have a beautiful life and effect in the world, filled with grace and gratitude, centered in your heart.
Scroll down & see 30+ posts:
- Making Your Own Environment: Conscious Home Design
- How to Experience Joy and Ecstasy
- Tips for Conscious Living: Soul Nourishment from My Instagram Account
- Vastu & Decluttering: Yoga Journal Vastu Consultation Article
- Ayurveda Recommendations for a More Blissful, Healthy Life
- How to Let Go of a Home When It's Time to Move On
- Obstacles and Delay in Marriage: Remedies
- Sankalpa & Joy: Manifest & Magnetize
- Dharma, Living as Your True Self on Your True Path
- The Value of Being Yourself
- Create Beauty Around You: Design, Vastu, Art, & Sacred Space Services
- Longevity and Happiness from Plants and Vastu
- A New Year Begins! Take Action That Makes You Happy and Centered
- Protect & Harmonize: Vastu Tips. Conscious Activism.
- A Little Healing Treat and Nature Immersion
- New Website, New Blog
- Misconceptions about Vastu
- Padmini Vidya Courses
- Altars, Shrines, Sacred Spaces
- NYC Vastu Consultations
- Vastu Courses: Study the Yoga of Design
- Fabulous Symbol Book Recommendations
- Vastu Tips for Learning and Focus
- Get Out of Your Own Way with Vastu
- Improving Air Quality and Happiness with Nature
- Le Corbusier and Vastu
- The Real Feng Shui
- Maha Purusha Yantra: Creating a Spiritual Center
- Sacred Sanskrit Healing Sound Recommendations
- Beauty and Natural Materials: Vastu Design
- Vastu, the Yoga of Design
- Financial Prosperity Tips from Vastu Expert Sherri Silverman
- Vedic Sacred Geometry: Recommendations to Learn about Yantras