Here'a an easy, fun ritual to magnetize your desires. Create your desired reality by being in a state of centered joy when setting your intention. Your sankalpa is your life-supporting sacred intention you wish to manifest for the benefit of yourself and the world. Your thoughts and emotions surrounding your desire have a big effect on its potency for fruition. How wonderful: You can help make your dreams come true by doing things that make you happy! Dancing literally gets you going in the right direction and right mindset. It enlivens mind, body, and emotions and clears them of cobwebs and murky stagnant energy. So dance! Then meditate. Then set your intention. Image...
Q: A client recently wrote me, "The word dharma came up a couple of times while I was at a yoga workshop. I still can’t get a grasp of what it means. I thought you might explain it better than what I’ve read." A: Dharma is right action. It's being in the flow of your authentic self, following your personal path that is in alignment with your soul and your purpose and with the universe. Dharma never violates the laws of nature; it is in tune with Truth and the universe. Your dharma and path are unique. Copying what someone else does is not a good choice, although it is common. You have to find what inherently feels right and...
"You can change the world by being yourself." Yoko Ono Be your true self. Keep in mind that, as Oscar Wilde said, "everyone else is already taken." Why would you want to be exactly like everyone else? How boring! If you never seem to fit in, perhaps there is something good and magnificent about that, and you should figure it out. I remember clearly struggling to fit in and finding out over and over that I didn't. It was a huge revelation when this idea popped into my head that my individuality was a plus and deserved attention. This allowed me to flourish more. It's when my life started opening up even more. Why live a restricted life that doesn't...
Create beauty around you! Beauty is a requirement in Vastu, a requirement for which I am grateful, since I'm an artist and very inspired and nourished by beauty. Creating beauty around you should be legally required, since it has such a positive impact on the world! I write about beauty quite a bit in my book Vastu: Transcendental Home Design in Harmony with Nature. This is a personal Shiva altar in my home. It's a little corner of a bookcase on which I've installed a small Miriam Kasin watercolor painting from 1974 when I was on Vedic Studies Program in Europe with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. I added an empty organic perfume bottle with a sprig of dried hydrangea in an...
Years ago when I moved into a Cambridge apartment with my now-friend of over forty years, we consolidated our houseplant collections. Today when we get together in the San Francisco Bay Area, we both take photos of amazing flowers we find in nature. We harvest Meyer lemons, oranges, and nasturtium blossoms in her backyard and oregano and other herbs from my porch garden. Lately I've read a number of articles that propound the virtues of having houseplants and gardens to live longer and happier. We knew this already, but it's nice to see it verified. An article on simplemost.com gives these findings from Harvard: "Women who lived in the greenest surroundings were found to have mortality rates a whopping 12 percent lower...
Scroll down & see 30+ posts:
- Vastu Interview for LaGrace Center: April 11, 2021
- Home Offices During COVID & After: Feng Shui & Vastu
- Happiness Is the Key to Life
- Making Your Own Environment: Conscious Home Design
- How to Experience Joy and Ecstasy
- Tips for Conscious Living: Soul Nourishment from My Instagram Account
- Vastu & Decluttering: Yoga Journal Vastu Consultation Article
- Ayurveda Recommendations for a More Blissful, Healthy Life
- How to Let Go of a Home When It's Time to Move On
- Obstacles and Delay in Marriage: Remedies
- Sankalpa & Joy: Manifest & Magnetize
- Dharma, Living as Your True Self on Your True Path
- The Value of Being Yourself
- Create Beauty Around You: Design, Vastu, Art, & Sacred Space Services
- Longevity and Happiness from Plants and Vastu
- A New Year Begins! Take Action That Makes You Happy and Centered
- Protect & Harmonize: Vastu Tips. Conscious Activism.
- A Little Healing Treat and Nature Immersion
- New Website, New Blog
- Misconceptions about Vastu
- Padmini Vidya Courses
- Altars, Shrines, Sacred Spaces
- NYC Vastu Consultations
- Vastu Courses: Study the Yoga of Design
- Fabulous Symbol Book Recommendations
- Vastu Tips for Learning and Focus
- Get Out of Your Own Way with Vastu
- Improving Air Quality and Happiness with Nature
- Le Corbusier and Vastu
- The Real Feng Shui
- Maha Purusha Yantra: Creating a Spiritual Center
- Sacred Sanskrit Healing Sound Recommendations
- Beauty and Natural Materials: Vastu Design
- Vastu, the Yoga of Design
- Financial Prosperity Tips from Vastu Expert Sherri Silverman
- Vedic Sacred Geometry: Recommendations to Learn about Yantras